That is 3 more down since last Monday, up 1 from the lowest weigh in throughout the weekly (weighing in daily=NUTZ!), and 36 down from start of 2010.
I'm happy with it. A loss is a loss but I was hoping for a bit more. I like to see 5lbs a week but let's be serious here: I'm not on the biggest loser!
I did work out each day for an hour but neglected to incorporate anything besides cardio. I feel like I get the most bang for my buck here time wise for calories burnt. I know I know, strength training is pertinent, I'll work it in. I saw a sign on a gym in Urbandale (near Walgreens and Kum & Go on Douglas & 76th-ish) that was promoting $10 personal training so I may look into that. Who knows? I just don't know what I'm doing in that department.
This week could have been a lower loss but also could have skipped the naked hot wings I ate yesterday during the football game. They were SO GOOD! Worth every calorie! Skipped the butter filled hot sauce so that was a good sign...
Some non-scale victories this week included:
- Smaller pair of jeans fit and I didn't have to lay on the bed with my breath held to get them to zip. Biggest muffin top I've ever had but damn it they zipped!
- Size large t-shirt fit too! Tight all over but still went on!
- Made a new chicken verde soup that is practically calorie free (not really) but so tasty!!! WILL BE MAKING AGAIN so will post pics and recipe...LOVED IT!!
- Shaved almost 2 minutes from the time that it takes on the elliptical to do 5 miles (started at just over 60 and now just around 58!)
- Took a half batch of leftover cookies to work and gave them away instead of eating them all myself!
PS: Little less than 12 days until the Superbowl (IE: day we leave for Mexico) and I have 7lbs to go to hit the goal of 20 lbs lost. I need a pedicure so am
Stay tuned….trying to find pics to post for before and afters. Anyone have some from NYE 2009/10?
What are you doing this week to make sure you are still working towards your