Monday, January 17, 2011

Is there anyone out there?!

Hello to all!!!

After a couple of months off with intermittent posts, I am back to blogging folks!

November and December were of course jam packed with ugly sweater parties holiday parties, social events, and extra time needed to get prepared for all of family Christmas celebrations.
Hubby with nephew on his first Christmas
The gang on NYE!
Sully all in his Christmas spirit!
Mom and I bowling on NYE!

Things that you can expect from the 'Goodies' in 2011:
  • 3 times a week posting
  • Updates on weight loss and how the exercise is going
  • What I've been eating
  • Nutritious recipes that I've concocted
  • Fun social events that I've attended
  • MUCH MUCH MORE!!!
Let's get back into it!

PLAN OF ATTACK TO LOSE THE 20+ LBS by February 26th:

I started back, balls to wall, on January 3rd (after a alcohol induced new years) and now I weigh in everyday but will be updating the progression chart on the left side of the page on Mondays only! UPDATE: This morning was almost 10lbs since Jan 3rd, less than I want as my visit by Aunt Flow should be starting here within the next few days and that can wreak havoc on my numbers! What can we do but keep on pluggin' away?

I also started back into really planning everything that I am eating for my mini goal of losing 20 lbs before Feb 6th AKA day we leave for STL for the Supberbowl (hopefully to root on our Bears!) and Cancun! This means I spend a good hour or more most of the time Sundays coming up with all of my breakfasts, lunches, and snacks that can be made in advance and ready to go in the fridge for my workdays as well as make sure the menu on the calendar fits our palettes for the week.
 January's calendar with the dinners filled in (minus a few days)
The week's breakfasts, lunches, snacks for the work week.

This week's work day menu:
Breakfasts: Canadian bacon and broccoli frittata with kiwi
Lunches: big salads with chopped veggies(cherry tomatoes, celery, onion, carrots, green pepper, cucumber, snap peas) & different dressings (raspberry, sesame, and 1000 island)
Snacks: either yogurt w/ light babybel cheese wheel or celery/ranch w/ mini babybel

This should run me roughly 600ish calories for the day, perfect for a 400-500 dinner and 100 calorie bedtime snack. PREPARATION IS KEY!!!

I also joined a gym, which I have access to 24 hours a day, so that is good. The only downside is that there are no structured group classes, except Pilates, which costs extra . BOO! I would like to try BodyPump and spin, possibly.

So far, I have been everyday, usually for an hour of cardio, and most recently threw in some light strength training to build muscle mass 3x a week. I am such a foolio when it comes to weight lifting so I google'd a plan and hope to get more into that once I feel like I am at a place when I can let up on the intense cardio to devote more time to that. I mean, I'm not a gym rat folks! I do go for less on Sundays, which is my designated rest day but still aim to hit the BodyBugg's calorie target.

To sum it up:
  1. PLAN and be PREPARED when it comes to eating.
  2. WORK OUT HARD!
  3. NO ALCOHOL or RESTAURANTS (hardest one!!)
  4. WATER! WATER! WATER! I'm trying to put down at least 150oz per day. Clear pee is the goal!
So that being said without further ado MENU PLAN MONDAY!!
  1. Monday: Chicken Parmesan with garlic toast and roasted Brussel sprouts (hubby gets pasta too)
  2. Tuesday: BBQ Chicken paninis with steamed mixed veggies (fries for hubby)
  3. Wednesday: Panko breaded cod sandwich with mini tater tots
  4. Thursday: Green Chile Chicken Soup w/ Naan bread & fresh veggies w/ dip (Friends for BL)
  5. Friday: DATE NIGHT! Chicken strips with roasted Brussel sprouts (green beans for the hubs)
  6. Saturday: TRIVIA Fundraiser event, bringing a cream cheese/turkey/cranberry puff pastry app for the table
  7. Sunday: PLAYOFFS! I will be taking a healthified buffalo chicken dip w/ veggies dippers & rolo stuffed chocolate cookies (hey, the kids will love them & you only live once!)

Off to start the chicken Parmesan and watch The Town, courtesy of Redbox. Gotta love a flick for a buck!

AGAIN! Thank you for your patience and welcome back!

PS: Welcome new follower Sarah Davidson! Thanks for reading!

1 comment: