Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

A pre-planned post as I am sure I am either elbow deep in dishes at my parent's house or trying to get a quick nap in between the two huge meals. I mean, why why must we have to eat at both families on the same day? Crazy I think! But no will change so we deal. :(

A holiday inspired survey to bide my time to get my grub pics up ASAP!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper for the kids. Bags once the boxes run out.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Fake. 7ft slim pre-lit with white lights.
3. When do you put up the tree?
When I have time and feel like it. Usually after the first snow.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually the weekend after Christmas. It's on the weekend this year. Touche!
5. Do you like egg nog?
Oh, YEAH!! Too bad its calorie laden!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I really enjoyed when my dad installed a automatic start on my car secretly. AMAZE!!
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My grandmother and her husband. They have everything they want.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Children.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Mail. Getting free ones this year!
11 .Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
The globe from my parents! Otherwise, husband takes the cake with nothing a lot.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December 26th for the following year usually.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Hells yeah.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ham balls, iced sugar cookies, anything from our ladies cookie baking day.
16. Clear or colored Christmas lights?
White inside and outside.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney and Wings
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel with 30 minutes, 2 hours a couple of weekends ahead of time. Nothing crazy.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
Of course!!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Gifts with the aunts and uncles on Eve then immediate families on Christmas morning/evening.
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Snowy roads.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like a color coordinated tree so I had red and silver, then Chris throws his random uglies in there. PUKE!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Ham loaf with baked potatoes and rolls with butter
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Ultimate list: A new car, winning lottery ticket, Oprah to pay off my mortgage(s)....
Biggest wish: a puppy beagle
Real list: Rachael Ray's new Lookbook Cookbook, a metal cooling rack for the oven, another pampered chef large bar pan, a book called Fit from Within, a new camera

No comments:

Post a Comment