Monday, November 1, 2010

One Day Down, Two to Go!

Good evening readers!

TGIMN! Thank goodness its Monday night! I had a horrible, no good, very bad day at work today. All of our operating systems went down simultaneously, including our website, so we were BACKED UP to say the least and the callers were NOT happy! I mean, wait on the phone for like 30 minutes then  we can't even tell you anything. I'm lucky someone didn't berate me! Either who, I only work 2 more days this week so I can't be bothered with dwelling on the past! SUCKAS!

I volunteer again on Thursday (last time of the year *TEAR*) and then have Friday off so I can master a SpongeBob Square pants "cupcake" cake for my niece's birthday party. I have NO idea how to do it but it can't be too hard, right?

Overall, a pretty healthy food day:
Breakfast:  Chicken Tortilla Soup--hey I had to eat it before I had to throw it
Lunch: Italian Wedding Soup from the cafeteria and some popcorn
Snack: Yogurt Dill Dip and celery sticks (all gone---making more tomorrow---stay tuned)
Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with chicken and pesto cream sauce with roasted Brussels sprouts

This was my first time with roasted Brussels sprouts and I must say I'M HOOKED!
Tedious to cut off the ends of them but so worth it. Mist with olive and sprinkle with garlic salt and put into 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or so and they are AMAZE!
Downside= @ $1.99/lb these babies are dense so add up quickly. The taste is so so so so different than those of steamed Brussels sprouts, which I also adore. IDK why! Next to try, kale chips! Maybe next week.

We had a really good weekend also. Friday night date night took us to Encore Pizza in Johnston; Chris wanted pizza and I wanted to use a coupon as it was the last weekend of the 2010 Entertainment book. I had heard decent reviews from Chris's parents so we gave it a go. Overall pizza was great, I thought. Appetizer of mozzarella sticks are enough to bring us back alone. Handmade on site, can't go wrong! He got cheese and I got BBQ chicken. We will be back!

Saturday started bright and early with a quick 30 minutes on the gazelle, shower and get ready (BOO!), patty up 10 lbs on hamburger(what I do for a sale price!) then headed out to the last farmer's market of the season with the Waughs. The weather was great, sun was shining, a bit nippy for the kiddos but overall a good time and lots of peeps to stare at (my fave!)
 Who doesn't taste wine at 10am? Came home with a bottle. Pretty good JW Edelweiss. And only $9.50!
Kiddos started to bother so we went to Legend's for lunch, right on Court Ave. Whattya know? We both had a coupon! This year I am writing down in the book how much it saves me to make sure its worth it, which I know it is!
My Honey BBQ Wings-I also had a side salad in which I scarfed down before pics
Chris's Buffalo Chicken Strips with Waffles Fries
Sara's Chicken Parmesan
Chad and his legend burger
Then we all split up(us to grocery store and Waugh's to car shopping) where we then met back up for a friend's surprise 30th birthday party and cheering on the Hawkeyes(to a massive victory!) Somehow, this is the only picture I ended up with from then....

I'm tired! Weekly Biggest Loser dinner tomorrow night @ Lindsey's...think it's Avocado BLTs, which are so delicious! A couple of things I want to point out:
  • I worked out 6 of the 7 days last week. HOLY SHIT BALLS! Even if a few of the days were only for a half hour, I stuck to my plan and got it done! Same goal for this week!
  • Fellow blogger Katie is hosting a sweet giveaway on her blog that ends this week. Check it out! Who doesn't like free crap, especially right before the holidays! I want to review things CSN!
Almost forgot Menu Plan Monday:
  • Monday: Chicken and Pesto Cream Sauce over whole wheat pasta w/ Brussels sprouts
  • Tuesday: BL Night @ Lindsey's
  • Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken Paninis with Fries
  • Thursday: Chicken Taco Salad for her and Chicken Walking Tacos for him
  • Friday: Launa's Birthday party--> pizza and cake, hopefully a salad along with the pizza
I'm toast. Good night all and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment