Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PRO-duct-TIVE!!!

Hi all!
Today was a great day, the weather started out nice but just as I was driving home from the 9 to 5, it started to mist and the winds began to HOWL! Oh well, all my night activities were going to be inside anyways!

Rewind to how my day started:
A new yet good breakfast. I had heard good things about Kashi GO LEAN Crunch! Honey Almond Flax cereal so I gave it go this morning along side a Yoplait Blueberry Patch Yogurt. What a COMBO! I mixed in most of the yogurt with the cereal and it was amazing. There was a bit of the yogurt leftover so that went spoon by spoon into the pie hole.


Work work work then onto lunchtime and I mixed it up again with that today (maybe because I hadn't really done a great job Sunday of pre-planning my breakfasts and lunches--more on that some other time). So I brought a frozen serving of my Turkey Chili with a bit of shredded cheese and some oyster crackers. DELISH! Pretty healthy as well so you'll be seeing a lot more of this in my future...well at least 4 times as that's whats in the freezer ;)


Work work work then finally get to come home!! Ain't no rain going stop my plans tonight. The hubby is out romanticizing his bro-mance with his brother in law so I've got the house to myself, well besides this cutie pa-tootie! CUTEST DOG EVER, RIGHT???!!!


Came home to my new table being already set up. The hubs and I made a CL run last night to the outer parts of WDM to swipe this B-E-A-utiful table from some mansion that had to get a new one "because the new million dollar floors didn't match the wood anymore." WHAT?!?! I am so ecstatic about this table as I had been living with a hand me down from my mama since we moved in here over 3 years and let me tell you, I loathed that thing. Love the generosity, hate the table. Is that even a saying?


Moving on, I went to workout right away as I knew I wanted to try out a recipe tonight that I could never make for Chris. So I plugged away on the gazelle for an hour exactly, clearing out multiple shows on the DVR and bring over 800 calories by going over 4 miles (see DailyMile counter on the left.)

Then came dinner, I had been dreaming of it since I took out the shrimp before work. I had some spinach salad that was on its last leg and I hate to waste so I wanted to make something with that. What did I come up with? Southwest Spinach and Shrimp Salad. BOO YAH!!! What do the following pictures make??






Southwest Spinach and Shrimp Salad
Serves: 1
Time: Less than 20 Minutes for Prep/Cook Time
Nutritional Info: 351 Calories, 36 grams of protein, a little fat due to olive oil (good fat though)

Ingredients:
3 T Onion, diced
97g Cherry tomatoes, halved
200g Shrimp
1 tsp cilantro paste
134g spinach/dole classic lettuce mix
19g Chile Lime Tortilla Strips
1 TB Weber Seasonings, Tex Mex Fiesta
1 TB Lime Juice

Instructions:
1. Tear off shrimp tails, set on papertowl to get rid of excess moisture. Sprinkle with seasonings.
2. Mist skillet with Misto filled with extra virgin olive oil. Add diced onions, half of cherry tomatoes, and cilantro paste. Saute until onions are translucent. Use lime juice to get tasty bits off bottom of plan by de-glazing with it.
3. Add shrimp, saute until thoroughly cooked(or if frozen like mine, until warm throughout.)
4. Top heaping bowl of spinach/salad mix. Add rest of cold cherry tomatoes. Add tortilla strips.
5. DEVOUR!!!

This was so good!!! I recommend everyone to try it, swap the shrimp for chicken if you don't like shrimp and it will just as FAB!!!


I always measure my food when building a recipe with a food scale in grams so I can get precise calorie values but I can estimate regular measuring ways for anyone, leave a comment if you want it! I am going to be posting a new healthy recipe at least every Tuesday so let me know if you have any requests!

All in all, today was a fantastic day: had great food, worked out like the dickens, and met all my calories in vs. calories out goals! Here is a glimpse at my BodyBugg tracker(more on that later too!)


On that note, I need to go saute up some chicken for tomorrow night's dinner and get to bed, Early to rise to work out in the AM! Making my baby's fave tomorrow night our in-house DATE NIGHT! Stay tuned.

And as always, thanks for reading! Sweet dreams!

1 comment: