Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wordy Wednesday!

Evening all my loyal followers and those that lurk in the shadows. You know who you are, see that button to the right that says "Follow" I dare you to click and it see what happens. You will be thoroughly impressed from here on out. I promise.

Anywho, stepping off soapbox. Today was a pretty good day, I think my body is getting used to the new shift(starting an hour earlier than I had previously) because I enjoy so so so much leaving work at 4pm. I feel like I have so much time after I get home! I LOVE IT!

Eats for the day:
Breakfast: Yoplait Greek blueberry yogurt with honeycrisp apple and small brownie (damn you bake sale!)
Lunch: Lettuce salad with diced chicken, cucumbers, green onion and tomatoes with Caesar Italian Dressing and some tortilla strips (for the crunch factor!)
Snack: 1 cup sugar free strawberry jell-o with 100 calorie pack of cheez-its (pictured are carrots but didn't eat them)
Dinner: Biggest Loser night at Sara's: Steamed broccoli with cheese, beef stroganoff (THE BEST)!

Over all, not bad for eats but a REALLY good day for exercise. After work, I rode the gazelle for over an hour(OK like a minute over but that was awesome!) and burnt nearly 850 calories AND went a little over 4.5 miles!!! I sweaty and it was good. With the new shift I won't hardly ever work out in the am (just not into 5 am anymore) and I'm fine with that as I feel like I work out harder and longer after work. This could be the start of something beautiful! So far so good for week 3 of working out at least 5 of the 7 days with 6 of those days hitting the calorie burn goal on BodyBugg! A girl has to rest! I am planning on not being a huge lazy anymore on Sundays and hitting goal but not doing anything structured, maybe a little shopping or some cooking.

Also, wanted to touch on my recent visit to Trader Joe's. Recently, a new store opened in the West Glen/Jordan Creek area. A friend and I went on Sunday afternoon thinking that the hype would have went down a bit. Sadly mistaken. It will still buzzing with peeps all hopped up on preservative free food! I can see what the hype is about though from the products that were left on the shelves. Good prices on produce, a very different selections from the normal stores around here and A LOT more vegetarian/vegan/gluten free options. I escaped with a few sampled and purchased green Chile Verde salsa (which is HOT) and a frozen roasted veggie enchilada dinner, which has been shown here a few times. These enchies are TO DIE FOR! And I'm actually not a big veggie only type eater. I topped it with a couple of tablespoons of sour cream and salsa but really could have scarfed it down the same without the extra calories of either!

I'm actually attempting a re-create this Sunday, I'll hopefully document the entire process, planning on making a couple of pans for the freezer! Sunday is working out to be a day filled of cooking for me! YUMMO!

Time to hit the hay. Trying to keep this house guest entertained but it's not working very well!

Stay tuned for a fun 50 random questions to show up tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to partake on the Sunday thing. Maybe teach Little Lady how to cook (and her mom at the same time?)

    ReplyDelete